Apply for Ration Card in Meghalayasmartration
About Meghalaya – Ration Card:
The Meghalaya Food Civil Supplies & Consumer Affairs Department satisfies the important responsibilities of Public Distribution, supports consumer awareness and protects their interest and inflicts the market disciplines. The department was established in 1971 – 72 and it was renamed as Department of Food, Civil & Consumer Affairs from August 1994.
It implemented the Targeted Public Distribution System and other schemes like Antyodaya Anna Yojna and Annapurna.Sponsored Links:
Checking the price position in the state and providing the necessary commodities.
It implemented the consumer protection Act, 1986
The targeted public distribution system families are:
- Antyodaya Anna Yojana (AAY) families – AAY families are identified among the BPL families by the community Authorities.
- Above Poverty Line (APL) – APL families are not applicable to any schemes.
- Below Poverty Line (BPL) – the Below Poverty Line families have identified a community like rural development departments in rural areas and urban departments in urban areas.
How to apply for Ration card – Meghalaya:
The following process should be followed to apply for the Meghalaya ration card.
- The applicant who wants to apply a new ration card should collect the application form from the District Supply Officer.
- Fill up the form with all the details like your personal and contact information.
- Sign the form at the end.
- Finally, submit the form with all the documents in the District Supply Office
List of documents:
- Residential Proof
- Surrender or Reduction Certificate
- Nonrenewal certificates from District Supply Officer of the concerned area
In the case of any Transfers, the applicant should produce a cancellation certificate of old ration card from authorities.
Fro addition of any child in the family the applicant needs to provide a birth certificate and in case of deletion you need to submit the certificate of deletion of the member in the ration card
The time period for issuing the Ration card – Meghalaya
The ration card will be issued within 15days by the concerned authorities from the office of the Deputy Commissioner, Sub – Divisional Officer.
Meghalaya Ration card Department Details:
Directorate of Food Civil Supplies & Consumer Affairs, Horse Shoe Building – Ground Floor, Lower Lachumiere, Shillong – 793001.
Contact No: 0364-2224108