Apply for Ration Card in Meghalayasmartration
About Meghalaya – Ration Card:
The Meghalaya Food Civil Supplies & Consumer Affairs Department satisfies the important responsibilities of Public Distribution, supports consumer awareness and protects their interest and inflicts the market disciplines. The department was established in 1971 – 72 and it was renamed as Department of Food, Civil & Consumer Affairs from August 1994.
It implemented the Targeted Public Distribution System and other schemes like Antyodaya Anna Yojna and Annapurna.
Checking the price position in the state and providing the necessary commodities.
It implemented the consumer protection Act, 1986
The targeted public distribution system families are:
- Antyodaya Anna Yojana (AAY) families – AAY families are identified among the BPL families by the community Authorities.
- Above Poverty Line (APL) – APL families are not applicable to any schemes.
- Below Poverty Line (BPL) – the Below Poverty Line families have identified a community like rural development departments in rural areas and urban departments in urban areas.
How to apply for Ration card – Meghalaya:
The following process should be followed to apply for the Meghalaya ration card.
- The applicant who wants to apply a new ration card should collect the application form from the District Supply Officer.
- Fill up the form with all the details like your personal and contact information.
- Sign the form at the end.
- Finally, submit the form with all the documents in the District Supply Office
List of documents:
- Residential Proof
- Surrender or Reduction Certificate
- Nonrenewal certificates from District Supply Officer of the concerned area
In the case of any Transfers, the applicant should produce a cancellation certificate of old ration card from authorities.
Fro addition of any child in the family the applicant needs to provide a birth certificate and in case of deletion you need to submit the certificate of deletion of the member in the ration card
The time period for issuing the Ration card – Meghalaya
The ration card will be issued within 15days by the concerned authorities from the office of the Deputy Commissioner, Sub – Divisional Officer.
Meghalaya Ration card Department Details:
Directorate of Food Civil Supplies & Consumer Affairs, Horse Shoe Building – Ground Floor, Lower Lachumiere, Shillong – 793001.
Contact No: 0364-2224108