Advantages of Ration Cardsmartration
Here are the various advantages of the ration card, as listed below
- Ration card plays a vital role in every Indian citizen it ensures citizens in the procurement of essential commodities at subsidized rate.
- Presently it becomes important documents for identification
- ration card list helps you to know whether your enrolled in the list and eligible to all benefits
Purpose of Ration card as ID Proof:
ration card is useful as ID proof at the time of applying other documents like
- Telephone connections
- Mobile SIM cards
- Domicile certificate
- Forgetting driving license
- Adding names in the Electoral Rolls
Type of Ration Cards:
- The government will issue unique Ration cards for above poverty line, below the poverty line, and Antyodaya families like
- Families who live below the poverty line are eligible to get blue/ green/red/yellow cards on which they can get special subsidies
- Few states Government Issue temporary ration card, which is valid for a specified number of months and is issued for relief purpose
- Blue card is issued to only those persons, who don’t have LPG connections.
Who can apply for a ration card?
- He or some other person on his behalf is not already in possession of such a card
- a person who resides permanently and desires to have a ration card are eligible to issue
- Any member or he of his family is not included in another ration card, you can also check ration card status through its official website after applying