Apply for Ration Card in Chandigarhsmartration
As we know the Public Distribution System (PDS) in the country supplies the food grains and distribution of the necessary food grains to poor people. The Government of Chandigarh has provided the online facility for ration cards to Chandigarh citizens. If you don’t have a ration card then no worries this article provides the complete information to apply for a ration card in Chandigarh.
Types of Ration Card in Chandigarh:
- BPL card: This card is issued for the people who living under below poverty line. The income level is less than 432.9 per month.
- APL card: This card is issued for the above poverty line people. This card is issued within 10 days of the submitted application form.
- Antyodaya card: Antyodaya card is allotted to the families who are earning less than 250 per capita
Eligibility to apply for Ration Card in Chandigarh:
- Applicants must be the permanent resident of Chandigarh can apply for ration card
Required Documents for Chandigarh Ration Card:
These are the necessary documents to apply for Ration card in Chandigarh
- Two passport size family photographs
- Filled application form of Ration card
- Affidavit starting the income level of family attested nu lawyer
- Address proof: Voter ID card, Driving License, any identity card issued by the Government or public sector
Apply for Ration Card in Chandigarh
- Applicants can download the form from the Chandigarh official website or Collect the Application form from nearest ration card office
- Fill the form manually and correctly without any mistakes
- Attached the necessary documents to the filled application form and submit it to the ration officer.
- After successful verification, you can collect your Ration card
A Process to Issue Duplicate Ration Card in Chandigarh:
Filled the ration card application form and submit the form along with 2 family group photos and Copy of DDR showing the ration card number also.
Note: Download Application form link for below poverty line new ration card: http://chandigarh.gov.in/upload/fs_frm_bpl_rc.pdf
Link for Affidavit to produce the ration card under below poverty line: http://chandigarh.gov.in/upload/fs_affidavit.pdf
Chandigarh Ration Card Time Span Details:
- 12 working days are required to get a new ration card with requisite conditions
- 7 working days for duplicate ration card
- Same-day with proofs or it takes minimum 5 days of verification for addition or deletion of names from the ration card
- 12 working days for new ration card in case of migration from another state
- Same-day for the surrender certificate and change of address within the Jurisdiction of FPS
Chandigarh Ration Card Department Details:
Address: Department of food, supplies and consumer Affairs, Annexe to Municipal Corporation Building, Sector 17, Chandigarh
Phone: 0172 2703956